Friday, October 11, 2019 by admin
Everyday Objects to Imaginary Constructs
In this assignment, we will be exploring inspiration. In this particular project, we will explore this in a straightforward manner – taking the shape of one object and translating it to an imaginary construct.
Let’s watch the above video. Mainly from the 1:16min point onward. It shows an illustrator drawing an imaginary “robot.” His inspiration is the top of a spray bottle.
Here are a few examples:
Part 1 – Due Date: See D2L
Part 2 – Due Date: See D2L
- Create four quadrants on four pages of your sketchbook
- Find an object(s) that you think might inspire you to create a drawing
- Within each quadrant create curves, lines, and doodles to develop a visual vocabulary to use later
- Begin creating thumbnail sketches based of your “model, line/forms and sketches
- Due date is TBD. Most if not all work will be completed in class.
Let’s enjoy ourselves!