Monday, September 9, 2019
Logo Design: Lecture. You can view the presentation here.
This project calls for a comprehensive visual identity—from its marketing strategy to its deliverables. It demonstrates your ability to be consistent yet creative. This is a difficult and involved assignment. It demonstrates to your potential employers’ ability to formulate a strategy and design concept and follow it through with a visual identity that includes several design applications.
You will need to establish the same basic color “swatches” to use with your logo’s. You can make them after you have completed your logo or before. You will use these colors in the next branding phase.
- Produce at least twenty sketches to aid in designing your logo.
- Design a logo.
- Be sure to use your strategy and design brief.
Create the following:
- Three color logos. (Big, Medium and Small in size.)
- Three B&W logos. (Big, Medium and Small in size.)
- Three greyscale logos. (Big, Medium and Small in size.)
Put all nine versions of your logo on a tabloid size page.
Logo Project Requirements.
- Full-Color Logos. (Big, Medium, and Small in size.) (3)
- The Logo in Gray Scale (Big, Medium, and Small in size.)(3)
- The logo in B&W (Big, Medium, and Small in size.)(3)
Big is your first logo design.
Medium is the same logo but 1/2 the size of the original logo. (Most likely this logo will need to be altered due to its new size.
Small (same as above)
- A total of nine logo treatments.
You will be using this logo to help establish the look and feel of an entire brand. This project will be of great help in the following assignments. You will use these logos throughout the semester.